The monsters and zombies are everywhere to be seen, but don’t be a scaredy-cat, it’s just Halloween! The holiday is quickly approaching, and to make sure you and your family have a ghoul time, your Dallas property management company wants to give you some safety tips. Here are some ways to keep your home and neigh-BOO-hood safe and secure.
Keep Your Home Safe!
- Turn on porch lights so trick-or-treaters can see their way (and also know your home has candy).
- Avoid homes without visible exterior lights.
- Remove toys, debris, tree limbs, or anything else that may block your driveway or cause someone to trip.
- Tell your child and/or children in the neighborhood to NEVER enter a stranger’s home.
- Get a camping chair and sit outside with a bowl of candy so kids don’t have to go all the way up to the doorway. (It’s not like it will be cold!)
- If your neighborhood has a Neighborhood Watch group, you can ask them to patrol the area that evening.
- Report any suspicious activity or criminal activity to police.
Your rental property management Dallas team at Specialized Wants You to Be Safe when Driving and Walking
- Cross the street at intersections and crosswalks.
- Drive extra slow and be extra careful of children walking about.
- Wear costumes that are light in color or place reflective material on the costume so drivers can see you.
- You’ll see better if you don’t wear a mask. A mask can obstruct your peripheral vision.
- Do not get into the car of someone you don’t know.
- Travel in groups with an adult nearby.
- Don’t ever drink and drive. (Designate a sober driver or take a cab.)
- Eliminate distractions, including the usage of mobile devices.
- Have children memorize their phone number and address in case they get lost.
- Carry a flashlight!
Don’t Eat All the Candy . . .Yet!
- Take all treats home for an adult to inspect before eating anything, and never eat unwrapped candy.
- Don’t take any kind of food that is not individually packaged.
A Final Tip
When planning a trick-or-treat route, parents may visit the Texas Public Sex Offender Registry – which includes a mapping function – to check for offenders who may be living in their neighborhood.
By following these suggestions from your Dallas property management company, you’ll definitely have a safe and spooktacular night! For help with every step of owning and operating a rental property, remember to call the leader in rental property management! Dallas, TX property owners don’t have to beware of much with Specialized RPM on their side. Give us a call today!