THE LEADER IN SINGLE FAMILY DALLAS PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
Poor tenant qualification can lead to rent delays, property damage, increased vacancies, increased legal liability, and a greater likelihood for eviction.
THE SPECIALIZED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SOLUTION:
Proper tenant screening from the beginning can save you a great deal of time, headaches, and lost revenue down the road.
- Minimize the risk of tenants who do not pay and property damage with a thorough background check.
- Make sure you comply with discrimination laws and the fair credit reporting act throughout the screening process.
- Require an application for every tenant over 18 years of age.
- Verify a combined tenant income of at least three times the rent rate.
- While poor credit is increasingly common in this economy, avoid evictions and judgments and request written explanations of late payments.
- Verify at least the past two years of rental history with previous landlords and ask if there was any major damage to the last house or apartment.
- Finally, do a criminal background check to screen out those with a history of drugs or theft, and especially violent or sexual offenders.
At Specialized Property Management Dallas/Ft. Worth, our process credit, employment, rental history, criminal and terrorist checks. We are experienced in complying with all Texas Department of Real Estate codes to best protect you, your cash flow, and your property by placing the most qualified tenant possible.
Put our team, experience, and ethics to work for you.