As the cooler weather approaches, it’s time to take a few minutes and perform some property maintenance to ensure your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. Your Arlington property management team has a few tips to help you through this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from the Leading Arlington Property Management Company
With summer winding down quickly, and the cooler weather quickly approaching, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for the crisp fall air:
- Avoid expensive repairs down the line by servicing your heating and air conditioning systems. Clean and/or replace your filters, remove build up on your fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators and check the basement humidity levels.
- Step outside for a breath of fresh air… and fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning and any other lawn care services should be completed to keep the curb appeal of your home.
- Got a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Get it in clean working order so that tenants can be comfortable all season long.
Arlington Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
While as a property manager, you do have obligations to keep the property well-maintained, your tenants do as well. Here are a few seasonal items they are responsible for:
- Take care of any safety hazards. Any items that pose a problem like bulky carpets or loose hand railings should be fixed.
- Check electrical sockets to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Inspect fire extinguishers to ensure they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- Review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed, and vacuum under all appliances
- Change furnace filters on a monthly basis
- Ensure all doors and windows shut tightly
- Clean all drains and traps to ensure proper drainage
- Tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items
As an Arlington property management company it is our priority to help you keep your home, tenants and self protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Arlington property managers to assist you!